Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Friday, July 11, 2014

Author Interview: Writers in Upcoming FEAR NOT devo (2nd free book)

Anne: Sometime soon, my new devotional, Fear Not, will be released--hopefully sometime during July. So, in the next few weeks, I want you to get to know each of the writers in the devo a little better. I asked each of them the same questions. If they have a website, you can click on their names to find out more about them.

The first interview is with Chris Barratt, a home school mom and freelance writer in northern Michigan who loves to spend time with her family and to write. Chris, why did you decide to contribute to Fear Not?

Chris: I submitted a devotional to Fear Not because I know what it is like to be debilitated by fear and forget that God can rescue and meet us in our time of need. Fear is a normal human response to things that happen within our world and there are many things that occur in the natural realm that are fearful. God however, is willing to meet us in the spiritual realm and if we trust Him we can give our fears over completely. My prayer is that others will read the book and realize this truth for themselves.

Anne: What is the one thing you want people to know about you?

Chris: If I could name just one thing I would want others to know about me it would be that I love the Lord with all my heart and soul and desire my life to be one huge offering that brings Him glory!

Anne: Why is clinging to God so important to you personally?

Chris: Many instances in my life have brought about intense fear. Several parents dying, a child born with eye issues, being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, and eleven moves in twenty-five years of marriage, to just name a few. All of these can (and did) bring about deep fear within me. While it took years, I learned to give my life to God and trust Him for the outcome. This took digging into God's word and letting it penetrate my heart, allowing trust to develop. It's not easy. But as I see Him watching over every aspect of my life and continually caring for me, the trusting grows.

Anne:. What is your next writing project?

Chris: Several writing projects are in the works. I have two book proposals I am preparing, one of which I am planning on pitching at a conference this fall. In the past few months I have submitted several stories to Chicken Soup for the Soul. Additionally, I have articles I am working on for submission into various publications. Basically I am open to writing wherever the Lord leads and whatever doors He opens. My desire is to write for Him in any and all capacities that leads others to know Him and realize the fullness of a life follower of Christ.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Anne: Next is Peggy Blann Phifer, is a writer, friend, and servant, and she feels blessed to have been born into a God-fearing Christian home. Peg spent her childhood reading as many books as she could get her hands on or penning fanciful stories, sometimes recreating a book she'd just read. Books, words, and music are an embedded part of her DNA. Peg, why did you decide to contribute to Fear Not?

Peg: Your invitation, for one. Several folks over the years have suggested I write some devotionals, but I could never come up with something that felt right until Fear Not. When I found a fitting verse, the rest of what I wrote came naturally.

Anne: What is the one thing you want people to know about you?

Peg: I tend to be a little quirky, so expect anything.

Anne: Why is clinging to God when you are afraid important for you personally?

Peg: Too many times over the course of my life if I'd given in to fear, it's quite likely I wouldn't be alive today. A divorce I didn't want that left me homeless. Driving 1,800 miles across country, alone, to establish a new life. Finding a job when I'd been out of the working force for twenty years.Yes, I could have turned around and run back, my tail between my legs . . . but back to what? No, I had to shake off the uncertainty and face the future. "Fear not, Peggy, for I am with thee." And He was. He still is.

4. What is your next writing project?

Peggy: I am under contract with Elk Lake Publishing to write a full-length novel--by mid-September. Lots of writing ahead! And I am scheduled to be part of Helping Hands Press's Sweetland winter series. That's exciting to me. After writing for the Summer in Sweetland series, I've grown to love Sweetland and all its residents :) I am so blessed!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Anne: And our final one today, David Rose, is a District Conservationist for the Natural Resource Conservation Service. He and his wife Joy have four wonderful children and one equally wonderful granddaughter. You wouldn't expect a six-foot-something, strong-looking guy to ever be afraid of anything, but when Joy was diagnosed with a brain tumor, everything changed. David, please tell us what inspired you to contribute to Fear Not?

David: We contributed because our faith in God was revealed to be strengthened by our awesome relationships through our church family. Faith is life saving, but shared faith is community saving. 
Anne: What is the one thing you want people to know about you?

David: The one thing we would share is that faith doesn't eliminate fear, but it provides strength to face it and prevail. We live that every day.

Anne: Why is clinging to God when you are afraid important for you personally?

David: As stated previously, clinging to God provides strength. Despite the odds or paralyzing fear.

Anne: What is the next important event in your life?

David: Our next important event is the high school graduation of our eldest son Brian next year. After twice facing the specter of cancer, it's something Joy thought she might not see.

Anne: Thank you. Chris, Peg, and David. May God continue to hold you close to His heart, and may He help you and what you've shared to be a blessing to many, many more!

As with the last batch of interviews with writers posted (click HERE to see those) I'm offering another free book to one commenter. Please only enter the contest once. You can post an entree right up to the time when the book is released, hopefully within a few weeks.

1 comment:

Eileen Rife said...

Great learning more about you wonderful coauthors! Your stories are a faith-builder.