Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, June 21, 2014

Saturday Sermonette--Me and My Big Mouth

A couple of weeks ago, we brought home a small black kitten. Kittens are sweet and cute, right?

Pepper-kitty is sweet sometimes--mostly when she's asleep. And she is cute when she's tackling that wadded up piece of paper or peeking out from under the paper bag.

Not so cute when she bites. I know she's playing, but she plays rough.

She plays roughest with my husband. Over and over, she jumps up in his lap and attacks whatever bare skin is closest. Usually his arms or hands or even his face.

So a couple of days ago, I told him if he felt we must, I would take Pepper-kitty back, but it had to be before I got any more attached to her. At first he said we wouldn't. But then he woke me up the next morning saying she had to go.

My heart is hurting. I wish I hadn't said anything about taking her back. But I did. And my husband is more important than the kitten.

It's a matter of priorities, and Jack is my priority, just behind the Lord. As I am Jack's priority.

Sometimes you have to make a decision that's not fun. Sometimes you have to give up what you want for what is best not for yourself but for someone else. This is one of those times.

I hope that one day I'll again be able to have a cat, but this isn't that day.

But with God's grace and strength, I can do it. And may God find the perfect home for my little rambunctious Pepper-kitty.

No comments: