Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Book Review--WHEN THE BIRDIES CAME TO TEA by Kathy Boyd Fellure


My review this morning is a little different. Normally, I don't review children's books, but not because I don't like them. I just don't often receive copies to review. And really, this one wasn't given to me; I bought it. The author and I are sorta-kinda related in a distant way and we bought each others' books at the recent Mount Hermon Christian Writers Conference. And besides, we're particularly fond of each other. Not that the fondness carries any weight for the review--I still do my best to provide an honest report. I have on a few occasions declined to review books by other friends that I am also fond of. You might have noticed, I don't do unfavorable reviews. That's because I don't blog about books I either don't like, don't relate to, or don't agree with. Besides--take a look at my motto in the above banner. A negative review wouldn't be particularly in keeping with that philosophy.


So, on to the review. I'm no expert on children's books, but I love this one. It involves children visiting their grandparents (something I always loved as a child) at Lake Tahoe (a stunning place in God's world). Kathy Boyd Fellure has woven a lot of the love that typically flows between grandparents and grandchildren into When the Birdies Came to Tea. It includes a little mystery, a little whimsy, and a lot of great artistry by Kathleen Flanagan Kresa. Children will relate well to this book, I think, and learn a bit about birds in the process.

When the Birdies Came to Tea is available from Amazon and Barnes and Noble. In addition, Kathy has offered a giveaway to one commenter on this blog. So that I know how to contact you, leave your email in or similar to this fashion: anneb1944 (at) aol (dot) com. You have until July 1, 2014, to leave your comment to enter the contest.