Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, September 23, 2013

Monday Morning Devo--Mustard Seed Faith

"Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:20 NET Bible

Sometimes having faith--even as small as a mustard seed--seems impossible. I pray for people using all the faith I think I have, and nothing appears to happen. It's discouraging enough that I wonder if I have any faith at all.

Sometimes things surprise me--resolutions happen when I'm not looking. Ever happen to you?

Then there are those times when something clicks--I know something miraculous is going to happen. I have "feelable" faith. What does that? Why does it happen sometimes but not all the time?

I may never know until I reach the other side. Meanwhile, I'll be content with the fact that it's in God's capable hands. In obedience, I will pray as I believe God would have me pray. Nothing is impossible for Him, and I won't quit. I will continue to pray for people. That's my promise.

After all this confession of infinitesimal faith, I'm going to ask you a question: do you have a prayer request? I will pray with all my mustard-seed-sized faith and trust that the God who created the universe hears, understands, and acts.

Prayer: Lord, I know You heal. You created bodies that know how to heal. You also are fully able to do miraculous things. And You have the wisdom to know what is really the right way to act. Lord, I trust You, and I will always pray as I believe You would have me pray.

No comments: