Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, August 10, 2013

Saturday Sermonette--New Horizons

I used to be a Fed (a US Government employee), and before that I was married to a Fed. I moved from one place to another a bunch of times. Some of the moves I anticipated with great joy, others with heartache.

Even when it was somewhere I wanted to go, there was always the wish that I didn't have to leave friends behind. I always found new friends, though, so it became a mixed blessing. If you've had to move, you probably know exactly how it feels.

I think graduation to Heaven might be a lot like that. I don't want to leave my friends and family behind, but I'm really looking forward to seeing Jesus, loved ones who went before me, and new friends to shout hallelujah with.

Not that I'm planning to graduate in the near future. I still have a lot to do. We really need to rent a very, very large dumpster and get rid of a lot of junk so our kids don't have to. Much of it wouldn't even go if you put it in the "free" box at a yardsale.

Then, too, there are grandkids I want to see grow up into the fine adults they are showing the potential for now. And there are still books and stories and blogs to write...

God's not finished with me here, yet. What do you have left to do?



No comments: