Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, November 26, 2012

Monday Morning Devo - The Love Chapter:3

First Corinthians 13:3 "...Though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing."

As I mentioned last week, the word translated in the King James as "charity" might be more accurately stated as "love" from the Greek. The Greek word used was "agape," pronounced a-gap'-ie, which is the word used for the unconditional and forever love of God.

Although it would be impossible for anyone in this world to love everyone in the world with the perfect love of God, we're encouraged to try. We can give everything we own and even give our own lives, but unless we do so with love, we might as well be whistling into the wind.

Another way of looking at this would be the love God gives to us: without reservation, He gives Himself to us. He sent His only begotten, beloved Son to erase our sins. Jesus gave His life willingly because He loved us that deeply. A love that big transcends anything ever promised by any other religion. What can I do but say, "Thank You?"

Prayer: Lord, I don't understand the depth of Your love, but I thank You for offering it to me. Please, erase my sins and let me start new with You. Amen

No comments: