Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Tuesday, October 2, 2012

This Is My Story - Mary Ellis

I love today's story from Mary Ellis. It's short, but oh, so sweet, and terifically true.


I would love to share my testimony about what God has done in my writing life.

I began writing secular historical romances and romantic suspense in the ABA market. I enjoyed my work and was proud of the finished product. But I labored through every phase of these manuscripts--the research, the writing, the rewriting and the editing. Two were published to rather good reviews, but lackluster sales.

Around six years ago I committed my life to Christ and from that day on decided to write only inspirational fiction. I read extensively in the market and thoroughly enjoyed Amish fiction. Since I live near the largest community it was natural for me to try my hand at it. I couldn't believe the difference putting the Lord in my books made in the writing process. Every phase became easier, every finished product something I could clutch to my heart.

I might not ever grow rich writing inspirational fiction, but I've found something priceless--a way to serve my Lord by putting words on a page.

My latest release is Living in Harmony, first in the New Beginnings series by Harvest House Publishers.

Mary Ellis because life runs on faith...
author of A Widow's Hope, 2010 Carol Award finalist