Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, October 22, 2012

Monday Morning Devo - My Cup Runneth Over

Psalm 23:5c - My Cup Runneth Over

There have to have been times in your life when you could relate to this snippet of scripture.

There are in mine: When my kids were born, when my husband and I got married, when a good friend or one of my family hugs me, and especially during those moments when I feel the presence of God. It feels like my heart is not big enough to contain all the blessings I'm being showered with, and I feel such overwhelming gratitude to God for the moment of joy.

Those are really the times when life is "worth it." Like the birth of a baby is worth all the labor pangs. Like past broken romances are worth this loving moment. Like the times when we miss our friends and family is made up for with one enthusiastic, back-patting hug.

I sure do wish those euphoric moments could last forever--but maybe we wouldn't appreciate them nearly as much if they did.

Prayer: Thank You, Lord, for the blessings You give us when these precious moments occur. May we not despair when they are far apart nor become complaisant when they occur close together, and may we always praise you for both the moments of joy and the times of waiting. Amen

No comments: