Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, August 27, 2012

Monday Morning Devo - Lying Down in Green Pastures

Psalm 23:2A: "He makes me lie down in green pastures...."

I'm not sure what that means to you, but to me this means that I can relax because Jesus, the Good Shepherd, will place me where my needs are filled.

Where He leads me I'll go, because I know He holds my future. He knows what will happen; I don't. He led me to good jobs. Not easy ones--I worked hard to earn what I did--but ones that paid me a living wage. He led me to increase my level of education--more strenuous work. Where did the relaxation come in?

The relaxation for me was the knowledge that I had enough to pay the people I owed. And now, the relaxation is that I retired with good benefits. They were not handed to me free gratis.

He will do the same for you. Listen to Him. Do you know how to do that? It involves being still, thinking to God. Asking what He wants from you. Listening for and watching for His response. And not being afraid to go wherever He leads, do whatever He tells you to do.

Don't be afraid. Don't listen to the enemy--he'll tell you you're not worth it, you haven't earned the privilege. God says you are worth everything to Him. He has good ideas, ones that will build you, not tear you down. You can relax in His green pasture.

Prayer: Lord, please lead us to that green pasture. We all want to relax in where You lead us. Thank You for providing green pastures for us, for being there before we get there making sure things will be good. We love You, Lord, and we seek your leading. In Jesus' Name and for His glory we pray, and we will give You the credit. Amen



No comments: