Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, June 11, 2012

Monday Morning Devotional - What Are We?

"When I consider the heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars which You have made, what is man that You are mindful of him, and the son of man that You visit him? For You have made him a little lower than the angels, and You have crowned him with glory and honor." Psalm 8:3-5

Sometimes I stand outside at night and look at the moon and stars, and I relate to this passage. There's something about looking at that vast expense that makes you feel pretty small and insignificant. We have Google Earth on one of our computers, and you can zoom to anywhere on earth to see buildings and boats, trees and cliffs, rivers and roads. Or you can zoom out and see the whole earth.

What does God see when He looks at the earth? Does He enjoy the same things I do? Sunsets, rainbows, the ocean? Babies and old folks? Fawns and fish?

With all the beauty around and above and beneath us, why would He shift His gaze to us? Why would He listen to our prayers when he could instead be listening to music or children giggling?

And yet, He does. What a wonder! I guess it must be sort of like us--we can hear our children over the sound of the television. Amazing. Take that times a billion--that's what God can do. Wow.

Prayer: Lord, You are a wonder. I don't know how You can rejoice with me while you weep with someone else, how You can watch the beauty of a sunset while You cringe over the destruction of lives in a tornado. I don't know how, but I know You are always mindful of even me, both when I'm sad and when I'm happy. Thank You, Lord.

No comments: