Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday Morning Devotional - Jesus and His Father

John 5:19: Jesus answered and said to them, "Most Assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatsoever He does, the Son also does in like manner."

When someone requests friendship of me on Facebook, the first thing I check is to see if they are Christian. If they are, I figure I can't go too far wrong in accepting the friendship. It isn't that Christians are perfect or that they never post anything negative or racy or ugly. It's just that I figure they consciously or unconsciously try to do what pleases God most of the time.

The Bible says that Jesus was tempted in all ways to do the same things we are tempted to do. He knew enough to first seek what God wanted Him to do. I can't imagine it was always easy to do what God wanted.

What would this week be like if we always first asked God, "What do you want me to do?"

Prayer: Precious Father and Lord, I want to seek Your way first, but I often fail. Please forgive me for my failures so that I can quickly move back to the right path and follow it in Your light. For Your Own Son's sake I ask, and I give You praise and honor for Your help.

No comments: