Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Author Interview: Cynthia L. Simmons

This morning's interview is with Cynthia L. Simmons, author of Struggles and Triumphs, a collection of fictionalized accounts of several women in history.

A: Cindy, what a joy to have you here this morning. I'm seeing good things about your study. Although I haven't purchased it yet, I can see where it might be a great thing. Please, would you tell us a little about your study?

C: Thanks, Anne, it's a pleasure to talk with you, too. This Bible study is based on the stories in Struggles and Triumphs: Women in History Who Overcame. For instance, Henry VIII of England disliked that fact that his wife, Kateryn, chose to advise him to continue reforming the Church of England. In the study guide I guide the student through passages on submission and compare Kateryn’s activity with Biblical examples.


A: What a unique collection of women. Princess Alice, Queen Kateryn, Katie Luther, Susannah Spurgeon...How did you select the women you did?

C: I relate to each of them in a special way. For instance, Princess Alice was the Florence Nightingale of the German province of Hesse. My background is nursing, so her work fascinates me.

A: Among all of these stories, which woman do you most relate to and why?

C: In addition to Princess Alice, I like Katie Luther. She raised a large family and managed a busy household. Then again, I feel camaraderie with Susannah Spurgeon because she often sat with her husband while he prepared sermons. My husband is an elder and I often assist while he prepares material to present.

A: Which woman do you most admire?

C: I think I most admire Katie Luther’s abilities. She managed her husband’s affairs so well that she made him wealthy.

A: Finally, Cindy, what do you hope your readers will take away from your study?

C: I hope they’ll be encouraged by these ladies who walked by faith. I hope they'll gain a deeper understanding of the Word of God.

A: It seems writers always have a work in process. What is yours?

C: I’m finishing a historical fiction novel on banking during the Civil War.

A: Seeing the depth of research you must have put into Struggles and Triumphs, I'm sure this will be keeping you busy for some time to come.

Readers, you can purchase the workbook on Struggles and Triumphs by clicking anywhere on this paragraph. It will take you to the site where you can purchase the workbook. Good reading, and have a blessed day. Thank you for your insights, Cindy.

No comments: