Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Friday, November 26, 2010

Always Thankful

Today is the day after Thanksgiving, so I guess it's past the time to be thankful to God for His blessings, right?
Nah, I don't think so. Just as a quick for instance--there was a beautiful sky out there earlier this morning, and now as the sun shines on the hills but not yet on our place, the distant hills are a florescent lilac while the nearer ones are a glistening gold. Deer graze at the edge of the orchards, and here in our yard the cyclamen are blooming. Our house is cozy and warm, my hubby is sitting in his easy chair flipping through the channels, and I'm sitting here in front of the computer screen writing. How can I not be thankful? My life is so full of blessings that my cup constantly overflows.
"Oh," you say, "it's easy to be thankful when everything goes so smoothly in your life. But if your life were as difficult as mine, you'd sing a different song."
I've had my own difficult times, too, dear one. Some because of my own foolishness, pride, stubborness, gullibility, or whatever, and some that I had no control over. I carry the scars from when I got into an explosion. I lost many people dear to me. People I thought were friends hurt me. Sorrow over past sins haunts me. Memories of when I failed others sometimes overwhelm me.
And yet, I remain thankful. Jesus remained at my side through the worst times--both self-imposed and accidental--constantly reminding me that He loved me and believed in me. He believed in me! That one fact continually amazes me and lifts me.
And so, I repeat--How can I not be thankful?
In His Service
Anne

No comments: