Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, August 3, 2019

Saturday Sermonette - That Day


Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before [c]God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. Revelation 20:11-12, NKJV

I know that one day we're going to have to stand in front of God and be judged. I don't believe for one square second that He will be checking out whether we have a Greek-god physique or basketball bellies. He won't notice how many wrinkles or brown spots we have. Blond, brown, gray (or pink) hair isn't going to matter. Brown, red, yellow, black, or white skin won't be important.

He's going to be checking out the condition of the heart. Does it have scars? Good--because that means we've had experiences that, hopefully, have led us to grant grace to others. Soft spots lacking strong muscles? Fully acceptable--tenderness is necessary. Angry, red spots might not be so good, right? Smudges of filth will have to be washed.

What do you think your heart should look like?

O Lord, search me and see if there are wicked ways in me. Cleanse me so that my heart will be whiter than snow. Teach me thy ways that I might look more like a mirror of Thee. Thank You, Lord. In Jesus's name and for His sake, Amen.

No comments: