Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, June 12, 2017

Monday Morning Devo - Friend


Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. John 15:13-15, NKJV.

What a precious thing, that Jesus called His disciples "friends." Did they realize the King of Kings had bestowed a wondrous honor on them? I wonder, because so many other things seemed to fly by them--in one ear and out the other. It wouldn't be long, though, until He proved His love for them and they realized what He meant. He said these words at the last supper.

He also extends that gift to us, you know--to be His friends. It isn't something we have to earn. It's His gift that He offers to us.

I love being His friend. I hope I never again betray His friendship as I have in the past. I want to only give Him honor, now and for the rest of my life and beyond.

So...how about you? Would you love the privilege of being His friend, doing what He challenges you to do, following the path He sets in front of you? His paths may not be easy, but every rock in it is a blessing.

Lord, I know nothing I've ever done would be deserving to be a friend of the King of Kings. It never ceases to amaze me and filled me with wonder that You would choose friendship with me. Thank You for the grace You extended. I love You, Lord. Amen.


No comments: