Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, February 13, 2017

Monday Morning Devo - Valleys are Inevitable


He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. Matthew 5:45b NKJV

Continuing with what I was writing last week, I'm going to be talking about valleys for the next few weeks during the Monday Morning Devos. Pastor David Rieck gave a really inspirational sermon a week ago, and he said our emotional valleys are inevitable. They happen to everyone, without fail.

Jesus said in John 16:33, "In this world you will have trouble." Not "you might have trouble." Not "other people will have trouble." Not "I will keep those who follow Me from having troubles."

Paul said in 1 Corinthians 6:4-5, " But in all things we commend ourselves as ministers of God: in much patience, in tribulations, in needs, in distresses, in stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labors, in sleeplessness, in fastings...." You'd think if anyone among Christ's followers, Paul would deserve not to have valleys--but he did. 

Instead of asking, "Why me?" maybe we need to accept the fact that there will be valleys. It's inevitable.

I know I'll go through some valleys. Everyone does. But I also know Jesus will walk with me through the valley, and I know he'll be feeding me joy vitamins.

Dear Lord, please be with me through each valley. I can't make it on my own. In Jesus's Name and for His glory, Amen.

No comments: