Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, October 3, 2016

Monday Morning Devo - Every Time


For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you: that the Lord Jesus on the same night in which He was betrayed took bread; and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, “Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me. For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes. 1 Corinthians 11:23-26, NKJV (Italics and bolding mine)

Communion never fails to reach me. When I remember what Jesus did and why, I want to kneel in front of Him, kiss His feet, and tell Him "thank You" again and again. That little bite of bread and drink of wine (or juice) brings me into remembrance of His immense love and even greater sacrifice. Did you know that if you had been the only one who had ever missed the mark of perfection, He would have done whatever it took to redeem you?

This Sunday was Worldwide Communion Sunday, a day when thousands of churches all over the world celebrate communion and that we serve the same Jesus who did in our place. Drunks, dopers, thieves, murderers, and everyday sinners like you and me--He loves us all the same. You just as much as me. Amazing love. Amazing redemption. And worthy to be remembered with gratitude and reverence.

Lord, forgive me when I forget, even for a moment, You and Your grace. I do love You and want to bring You honor in all that I do. Thank You, once again, from the very bottom of my heart. Amen.

No comments: