Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, June 27, 2016

Monday Morning Devo - We've had it Easy


Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ’s sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy. 1 Peter 4:12-13, NKJV

Every once in a while I read a book that lets me know in no uncertain terms that I've had it easy in my Christianity. I just finished one of those, and I'll be reviewing it here. It will post on Wednesday morning.

On my toughest day, I haven't had it as hard as the ones who carry the gospel into hostile territory. Or who convert to Christianity from a religion that hates anyone who deserts their own. In America, we mostly have it easy. If you decide to be Baptist instead of Methodist, hardly anyone even blinks. Your family seldom disowns you. Some have tougher times--like Mormon to Foursquare or Scientology to Presbyterian or Jehovah's Witness to Assembly of God. No one usually sends a hit squad after you or waits for you in dark alleys or tortures you to death or beheads you.

On the day when I experienced more pain than I ever had before, it was a breeze compared to some experiences. Many of us would give up on Jesus before we'd endure what some of them do on a daily basis.

I hope it never comes to the point here where we're given a choice to experience horrid pain or even die for our belief in God, but it could. What would you do? I know what I'd do. Pray harder than I've ever prayed before and hope that He'd grant me the strength and courage to endure whatever happened for Him.

Lord, I love You. I fear I love this easy life, but I pray I don't ever love it more than You! Help me shine for You, Lord. I know I can't do it on my own. In Jesus holy Name and for His sake I pray, Amen.


No comments: