Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, January 30, 2016

Saturday Sermonette - The Blessings in The Worst Events


Do not rejoice over me, my enemy; When I fall, I will arise; When I sit in darkness, The Lord will be a light to me. Micah 7:8 NKJV

Have you ever felt like the guy in this picture? Yeah, me too.

He's best friend died. His wife left him. He just messed up for the umpty-umpth time, and there's no way God could ever forgive him. He lost his job. His son moved to Timbuktu and joined a commune. His mom wrote him out of her will. A semi truck ran over his Audi. He's just been diagnosed with cancer. Or--whatever your imagination supplies for this guy's expression.

Horrible things happen, even to devout, praying, God-fearing Christians. What happens then?

Some people abandon their God. Some people grow closer to Him. It's a matter of choice.

Me? I don't know how I would live through the bad times without God. He holds me together when I'm falling apart. And then....I can help someone else who's having the same problems.

Think about it. Would you sympathize with anyone if you'd never experienced pain before?

Thank You, Lord, for bringing good even out of the horrible, painful episodes. Amen.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been struggling a great deal these past few months and everything I have been reading this morning has been reassurance that Jesus is with me All.The.Way! Thank you so much for sharing and adding to my joy today, God bless you!

Unknown said...

I have really been struggling these past few months and everything I have read this morning has been reassuring me that Jesus is with me All.The.Way! Thank you for adding to my joy! God bless you!

Anne Baxter Campbell said...

Yes, He definitely is there too, Kathy. You are precious in His sight--mine too.
Hugs!