Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, May 3, 2014

Saturday Sermonette--the Cornerstone

The stone the builders rejected. Jesus knew exactly where He stood with the temple rulers. He was the Cornerstone, but they either didn't believe it or they deliberately killed the Man they knew was the very Son of God.

The temple rulers aren't the only ones who reject the Cornerstone. Some of you reading this have, at least so far, rejected God's Son. Why?

1. It's my life, and I'll do it my way. (And how is that working for you, really?)

2. I already believe that Jesus was real. (So do the demons, and they tremble in fear of Him.)

3. I've never done anything bad enough that He had to die for me. (Probably not--but Jesus only died one time--he took on EVERYONE's sin from year one to year infinity. Big ones and little ones. But the point is, He did it.)

4. So if He died for everyone, doesn't that automatically include me? (No. Only those who actually want to be with Him for eternity--and ask.)

4. Who asked Him to? (He volunteered.)

5. Everyone goes to heaven. (Are you willing to stake your life on that?)

6. Why would anyone go to that extent for me? (Because He loves YOU, that's why.)

7. Why does He want everyone to worship Him? Isn't that a little egotistical? (Because if we don't worship Him, we will worship something. That's how we rock. If it's not God, it will be money (gotta have more), our wonderful house, our beautiful car, a person we admire--or ourselves.)

8. I'll wait until I get old. I want to live it up while I can. (Hmm. You absolutely positive you'll live that long?)

9. It's too complicated. (Five easy steps: (A) Admit you're not perfect and have done things you shouldn't have. (B) Ask for forgiveness. (C) Repent (that means you will make every effort, with God's help, to stop beating your wife--or whatever). (D) Accept the forgiveness He gives, and forgive yourself while you're at it. (E) Ask Him to enter your heart and life to guide you, to love you, and to improve you.

Now what's your excuse?

No comments: