Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, June 3, 2013

Monday Morning Devo - Does Anyone Have Anything Against You?

"If therefore you are offering your gift at the altar, and there remember that your brother has anything against you, leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift." Matthew 5:23-24, World English Bible

Let me first say that you can substitute "sister" or "friend" or "coworker" or any one of a dozen other personalities for "brother." Jesus wasn't wanting to single out male siblings, but rather those who we associate with.

Personalities being what they are, there is bound to be at least one person in your life that you have rubbed wrong. I can think of someone right this very minute in my life who would agree that I have offended. Before I became acquainted with this lady, I would have sworn I was the mildest of persons, seldom if ever offending anyone--at least in recent history.

She's perhaps the thorn in my side that I need. She lets me know in no uncertain terms when I offend her. Next time I see her I will need to offer yet one more apology, because I did it again.

Apologies aren't usually easy for me. It means I need to humble my proud self. I have to admit I did it wrong. I will (gulp) ask for forgiveness. I must confess to her and to God that even though I thought I was helping, I did not.

Prayer: Father, forgive me. I have sinned again. Help me when I see the woman to smooth over the rough patch I placed on our relationship. Help me, also, to avoid the pitfalls I so easily fall into, not just with this lady but also with others. It's for Your sake and for the sake of those You love that I ask. Thank You, Lord.

No comments: