Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, May 6, 2013

Monday Morning Devo - Hide It Under a Bushel?

"Neither do men light a lamp, and put it under a bushel, but on a lamp stand; and it gives light unto all that are in the house." Matthew 5:15, KJV2000

This reminds me of the song we used to teach the Sunday School kids, "This Little Light of Mine." Does your Christianity shine? Mine doesn't, at least not as much as I think it should. Better than it used to, maybe; but not as well as it should.

I really want to be that light on a lamp stand. I want to be such a bright reflection of Jesus that all would be attracted to Him. But how do I do that?

I'm not as physically active as I used to be, so climbing a hill and feeding 5,000 people might not be possible. I'm not a brilliant speaker, so dazzling folks with my amazing sermons might not happen. So far I don't have a publisher, so my books won't lead millions to Christ (at least not yet!).

So what would God call me to do to shine for Him? For me it seems to be writing this blog, promoting other authors who will draw people closer to the Lord, and being a help-meet to the amazing man God gave me as a husband.

Ordinary things anyone can do.

So Lord, help me realize that the small things I do might help You shine if I do them as You would have me do them. Thank You for the privilege of serving You by serving others.

No comments: