Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, January 7, 2013

Monday Morning Devo - The Love Chapter:11

1 Corinthians13:11 "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." (KJV)

or:
"When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things." (NLT)

God does want us to grow up. Another place in this book of the Bible, 1 Corinthians 3:2, Paul talks to the in terms of infants needing milk. He tells the readers "I had to feed you with milk, not with solid food, because you weren't ready for anything stronger. And you still aren't ready..."

When we are infants, all we are fed is milk. Milk is the only thing we're able to digest. When we are new Christians, we should be "fed" the basics: God loves us, Jesus died for us, and the Holy Spirit guides us, for instance.

But gradually, God expects us to grow up. He loves us just the way we are, like our parents loved us just the way we were as babies; but He doesn't expect us to stay the way we are any more than our parents expected us to remain infants.

To grow, we need to stay close to Him, learn from Him. Read the Bible, associate with those who act like mature Christians, and emulate the mature ones and Him to the best of our abilities.

Prayer: Thank You, Lord, for accepting us just as we are, and please Lord, guide us to become the kind of grown-up Christians You want us to be. Thank You, Lord; we ask it for Your sake. Amen

No comments: