Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, May 28, 2012

Monday Morning Devotion - He Is There

Psalm 139:9-11 - "If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there Your hand shall lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me."

What a beautiful picture this scripture paints. The wings of the morning - What scene does this bring to your mind?

If I'd printed the whole passage, you would see there's no place where you can go to hide from God--or to escape His love. He's everywhere. That's not a threat; it's a loving promise. The hand of God will not lead you where His love and strength cannot sustain you. But if you do go trooping off where you don't belong and get into a pickle, He's there to help you come back.

Over the years since I asked Him into my heart, I've both been grateful and resentful of that presence. Grateful because I can know He's there and I feel His loving arms around me. Resentful only when I went places I knew I shouldn't go or did things I knew I shouldn't do.

Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are there; yes, even when I'd rather You hid Your face from me or when I know You shook Your head in disappointment. Help me this week, dearest Lord, to walk where You lead, not going off on my own tangents. Thank You. I love You.

No comments: