Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Tuesday, August 1, 2023

I'm Back -- Sorta

 I know, it's been a while. I've pretty well settled into life in a commune. Well, not exactly a commune. More like a community. Four years ago, I moved into a retirement facility, tired of cleaning my own house, making my own meals, etc. It's become home, finally. A little cramped, but still I've managed to mess it up a bit until it's kinda like before. I'm on the top floor, and there's a balcony facing due west. In the summer, it's pretty warm out there. As in Central California warm. My yearly effort at flowers went to pot (pardon the pun) as the plants withered up and croaked when the weather lingered too near 100 degrees. So this year (with help) I put up a shade. So far, that's working.

So. What's been going on in the past four years? To be truthful, not much. This is my first effort at writing since the last post. No new books either. Not even a letter to a friend or relative. That's the bad news. The good news is that I'm drawing closer to God. I won't reach perfection in this lifetime, but it's a good feeling. I'm off the depressants -- also a good feeling. I've given up driving -- not necessarily a good feeling, but a more relaxed one. At the worst, it's inconvenient at times. There is a bus here to take us to doctor appointments, etc., but only on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I need to find a closer vet for Meggie and Cleo, though. The previous one is in Silverton, 20 miles away, and the bus doesn't go there. My daughter could drive us, but she's working full time plus, and I hate to ask too often.

Speaking of my daughter and driving--Renae drove me to my class reunion last month. We spent a week plus together, most of it in my home town, all of which was almost heaven for me. (With apologies to Glen Campbell, Idaho comes closer to heaven than West Virginia.)

I'm getting older, so a thing or two age-related has crept up. It goes with the territory, and let it be said that I remain 90 percent content. I still miss my husband. I see a few more doctors. I travel a few less miles. All in all, I don't regret the lack of as much activity. I may write another paragraph or two on the second in the series of books beginning with Blessed by Time. Tammy needs to prophesy a little more. Paulos needs to become a little more comfortable with local customs so different from his own, and Sarah maybe needs to become a little more uncomfortable. As if being pregnant in a summer with no A/C wasn't enough.

Long, rambling story shortened, it's been a inspirational, exciting, boring, and mostly uneventful four years. I have no idea what the next four will be. God knows, and He ain't saying.

Hang onto me, Lord. It could be wild.

No comments: