Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, May 14, 2018

Monday Morning Devo - Pentacost?


And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. Acts 2:1, NKJV.

Goodness me--when's the last time you were in a meeting (church or secular) where EVERYONE was in one accord? I know in my church, not everyone is in agreement with what the pastor's saying. We are as varied as our numbers.

So, whether or not you agree with the Baptism of the Spirit being for modern times or not, whether or not you agree with the Spirit's gift of a prayer language (speaking in tongues), or whether or not you even believe this is a true account, how important is it that you believe they were in one accord?

Personally, I believe that the steps to whole Christianity are sometimes small, hesitant, and even scary. I thought my baby steps were giant strides at first. (Probably babies think the same thing when they start walking.) As it turned out, all it really was, was just one glass of milk at a time. A small glass, at that.

God doesn't require us to be Billy Grahams when we first begin this walk. The important thing is to begin walking and not thinking we are summa cum laude at the beginning of our path. It takes a lot of stumbles, falling on our backsides or faces, scrapes and bruises, and failed tests before that can happen. Just remember that He who begins a good work in you won't quit until you're finished.

Me? I doubt I'll make it before my graduation to heaven day. But I'll keep on walking, learning, and taking tests so that I can receive His love, grace, forgiveness, and sanctification.

Never stop, never give up.

Prayer: Precious Lord, thank You for providing that special Pentecost. Those little flames sitting on the heads of Your own believers provided the incentive and the light to follow. Because they began their journey, we can too. You're the best, and You think of everything! Amen

No comments: