Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, June 13, 2016

Monday Morning Devo - Piece by Piece


If we had forgotten the name of our God, Or stretched out our hands to a foreign god,
Would not God search this out? For He knows the secrets of the heart. Psalms 44:20-21 NKJV

In listening to the Sunday morning's sermon, some thoughts crossed my mind about surrender. We sometimes sing "I Surrender All," but what is actually happening is that we surrender piece by piece, so what we have actually given the Lord might look a little like the picture above. And then sometimes we take it back--but that's another topic for another day. :D

Not being critical--we can only give Him that which we're aware of--like maybe our propensity to go off on tangents instead of letting Him lead. We work on that bit of surrender until it's at least more or less under control, but then we notice that we're still harboring a grudge against Great-Uncle George (who isn't even alive any more) for that time he wouldn't let Aunt Alice stay at his place at Thanksgiving even though he had an extra bedroom.

We all find new things to surrender, don't we? Sometimes silly stuff, sometimes really deep and important things. Right now for me, it's still surrendering more of my time to Him instead of playing those dumb computer games all day. Seems like we've been working on that one an incredibly long time. What's yours?

Lord, You know me. You know me so well that You could dump a load of things I haven't surrendered yet to You, but in Your mercy, You only show me what we together can work on at one time. Thank You for that. I sure won't ever be perfect, but hopefully I can come to the point where I reflect more of You and less of me. For Jesus's sake and in His Name, Amen

No comments: