Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, January 2, 2016

Saturday Sermonette - Knocking

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice, I will come in to them and eat with them." Revelation 3:20

Did you ever have anyone knock at your door and you didn't answer it because you didn't want them in your house? Or maybe you answered, but you didn't let them in?

Picture your heart as your house, and Jesus stands there at the door and knocks. Will you open the door? More importantly--will you let Him in? And if you let Him in, will you let Him live with you forever, eat at your table, look into your closets, see all your secrets?

Oh, yeah, He knows them all anyway, but he stands back, maybe a disappointed or hurt look on His face. But he won't come into your heart until you invite Him in. He can't help you make the changes in your life until you let Him.

Don't pray this prayer unless you mean it.

Prayer: Lord, I ask You in. Please, forgive me for the hurt and harm I've done to others, to myself, and to You. Come help me clean up the messes I've made. Welcome, Lord.

No comments: