Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, June 29, 2015

Monday Morning Devo - Fruit of the Spirit: Kindness

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. Galatians 5:22, NKJV

I'm thinking about that song by Glen Campbell, "Try a Little Kindness." If you click on the name of the song, you can listen to it. Today especially, maybe we could use that song. Terrorist attacks, divisive court decisions, murderers at large, riots, families dissolving, children being abused, sexual slavery--horror upon horror. Cruelty and evil abound, kindness is in short supply.

Or so we read in the newspapers. It turns my stomach. Still--most all of us have experienced kindnesses, even though they don't make the evening news.

The stranger who let you onto the road in crowded traffic. That person behind me who paid the last $10 worth of groceries when I ran out of cash. A long, warm hug when she lost her husband. The friend who patted the man's shoulder when he got fired. Mom making my favorite meal when my boyfriend dumped me. Grandpa walking me out to the cabin when I was scared. My uncle comforting me when it was his wife (my aunt) who just died.

I wish more kindnesses would make the news, don't you? Maybe we wouldn't be so inclined to think the world is about to explode.

Lord, I'm so tired of hearing about the negative. I long to hear the positive--especially from You. Sometimes I wish you would come back right now; sometimes I'm happy to wait. Right now, I'm inclined to the former. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. Amen

No comments: