Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, January 12, 2015

Monday Morning Devo - The Edge of the Storm, Part 3


For He looks to the ends of the earth, sees under the whole heavens, To establish a weight for the wind, And apportion the waters by measure; When He made a law for the rain, And a path for the thunderbolt;Then He saw wisdom and He searched it out. And to man He said, "Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom, And to depart from evil is understanding."
Job 28:24-26, NKJV

If there's anyone in the Bible who went through a bunch of storms, it's Job. In a matter of days, he lost everything he had except his wife. His sons and daughter, his cattle, his sheep, his camels, and all among his servants but the messengers who brought the bad news. And then he comes down with painful boils. At that time his wife tells him to curse God and die. Some helpmeet, huh?

In a way, I can understand. If my husband were suffering horribly, I would hope the suffering would be very, very short.

By the time this passage comes to be written, though, Job has realized God is boss, God knows everything, and God is right. Every time. The storm has nearly ended. The rainbow is beginning to make it's appearance. Job will get everything back he lost in spades.

Over the years, I've found my refuge in God from the storms of life. I might get battered by a gust of wind, soaked by a big rain, or be frightened by close lightning strikes...but He is faithful to bring me through.

Thank You, Lord, for walking me through the storms, picking me up when I've fallen. I have learned You are bigger than any storm. Thanks, and I give You all the credit for the triumph at the end. Amen

No comments: