Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, April 22, 2013

Monday Morning Devo - Salt of the Earth

"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot." Matthew 5:13, NIV

What if you put salt in your boiling potatoes, but when you ate them, they tasted like no salt had been near them? Pretty blah, huh?

Are you a blah Christian or a salty one, one who makes life more palatable? Or are you perhaps one who used to be salty but now are more blah-ish?

When I first became a Christian, I was on fire for the Lord--pretty salty! But I lost my savor. Instead, I made up excuses why I didn't need to share my faith any more. I still believed, sorta. But it was an "if it is convenient" type of belief.

I don't know what I would have done if there'd been any huge challenge to face. Heaven knows I'd flunked most of the small trials. I'd become like so much water, totally without any flavor except that of those around me.

Something about water, though--pour a little into some water that's already salty and it becomes salty, too. God began to put me again among those whose Christianity was big enough to pull me back.

Thank God for salty Christians.

Prayer: Lord, please help me to be salty enough to be a pleasant savor, one whose Christianity is helpful, not blah. Thank You, Lord.

No comments: