Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Tuesday, January 8, 2013

This Is My Story - Lisa Buffaloe

(Anne: Today's blog post comes to us from Lisa Buffaloe, the woman who wrote those wonderful novels, Nadia's Hope and Prodigal Nights. I recently reviewed Nadia's Hope and interviewed Lisa on this blog, and her faith impressed me so deeply that I had to have her back again. I asked her for one of her "God encounters," and this is what she gave me. (Click HERE for the review and HERE for the interview.))

Lisa with her son and husband
Floored by a Heart Nudge
By Lisa Buffaloe


There are days when I’m not sure what I’m supposed to do. Those days are a struggle. I want an agenda. For God to say, “Lisa, today I want you to do this.”

The other morning my day started, and I felt the nudge to clean the kitchen floor. The thought struck me as odd since my floor wasn’t dirty. But the pressing continued. So I grabbed a wet rag and went to my knees.

With praise music playing in the background, I started cleaning. And during the project, I realized … oh my goodness … I was having the best time! There on my knees, I was praising, praying, praising some more, and oh I could feel God’s pleasure. His heart nudge was never about the floor. God wanted me to spend time with Him. How amazing!

And I think about the people I love, my family and friends, the people I want to spend time with, and the special moments when we have time one-on-one. Precious time to talk, laugh, pray, and encourage one another.

God loves you. He thinks about you non-stop. He longs to connect, and His love beckons.

When you have the urge to pick up your Bible, or sense a gentle tap on the shoulder of your soul, that is God calling to your heart. If you hear His call, if you feel that nudge, go spend time with Him. It will be an awesome, amazing time.

My heart has heard you say, ‘Come and talk with me.’ And my heart responds, ‘Lord, I am coming.’” (Psalm 27:8 NLT).

No comments: