Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, April 14, 2018

Saturday Sermonette - Think on These Things


Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Philippians 4:12, KJV

There are a lot of negatives in this world. Just this week, my Facebook account got hacked, and someone sent out personal messages to a lot of my friends there. I pray that no one got taken in by this attack. In addition, last week was really busy. In addition to the regular meetings (and preparations for them) and get-togethers with friends, I was getting ready for a party that takes place this afternoon. Treats to prepare, phone calls to make, etc, etc. And my email provider kept dropping my signature off my emails. I could focus on how tired I was, how frustrated, how angry--but that would get me nowhere but angrier and more frustrated. And tireder--because the "stuff" would leak over into my attempted and much needed sleep!

So--I'm letting the frustrations go. I don't need them. Do you? No, I didn't think so.

I'm going to focus on Philippians 8:12.

Oh--PS--that's also the motto for my blog. I won't post things that are negative. It doesn't matter if they are true or world-relevant or personally crippling. I choose to fill my mind with good things.

Like--how much God loves me, even though I've messed up so many times it outnumbers the stars! Like--how great and generous my friends are. Like how faithful and supportive my family is. Like how beautiful a rose looks all covered with dew. Like sunsets and rainbows.

Despite the worst things that happen, there are still good things to think about.

Lord, I thank You for more blessings than I can count. You're the best. Amen.

No comments: