Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Book Review - CONSPIRACY OF BREATH by Latayne C. Scott


This book is the fictional story of Priscilla, wife of Aquila, of New Testament multiple mentions. The author has Priscilla (known as Priska to those who know her) as the writer of Hebrews. Conspiracy of Breath is inspirational, and the one objection I have to it is that it has severalwords that I had no idea what they meant until I looked them up----which took me out of the story for a time. Don't get me wrong--I'm a lover of new words---I just don't want them to interrupt my train of thought. 😉 This is written at college-level reading abilities.

Priska has a dear friend, Cordelia, who marries a centurion who is a Christian. When she is close to delivery of their first child, he is killed. Instead of being born, their infant petrifies inside her, leaving her permanently nine months pregnant. Priska, who had journeyed to Cypress to be with Cordelia when her baby was born, stays with her. There Priska also becomes a Christian, and there she meets and marries Aquila. And there she begins seeing words and feeling the urgency of the Holy Breath (Holy Spirit) to speak while Cordelia writes.

Conspiracy of Breath is available from Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

No comments: