Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, February 10, 2018

Saturday Sermonette - Alone Time


And when He had sent the multitudes away, He went up on the mountain by Himself to pray. Now when evening came, He was alone there. Matthew 14:23, NKJV

There are times when anybody needs to be alone. Even Jesus spent time alone with just God and Himself. It's normal.

Some people need more alone time than others--the difference between introverts and extroverts and points in between. Over the years, I think I've become more introverted. I still enjoy getting together with friends, although I'd rather never be anywhere that the noise level is a billion decibels.

When I was working full time (in an office setting) and married with kids at home, alone times were way too few and far between. Now I have more than I need--maybe. Although, I'm more apt to get up and go home from a gathering of friends nowadays than I used to be. I used to stay until the last dog barked, but now I leave when the most dogs are causing a commotion.

How about you? Would you rather be more often in a bunch of people or by yourself?

Whichever, God can still use you. I do the best writing when I'm alone. You might be the kind who loves ministering to big bunches of people, and the louder they shout "amen" the better. 

Thank You, Lord, for creating us all different. Amen.

No comments: