Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, August 7, 2017

Monday Morning Devo - Open My Mind, Illumine Me


But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. John 14:26, NKJV

I really love this song. The woman who wrote it, Clara H. Scott, had to have had a close relationship with the Lord. Was she thinking about Jesus's promise that the Holy Spirit would teach us about God? I don't know, but she was definitely onto something.

I remember when I first started reading the Bible daily. (Don't laugh--it ain't easy to remember 40-some years back.) I was reading the King James Version because that's what I had, and it felt like I was reading through a dark fog. Nothing really made sense.

It wasn't long until I was baptized in the Spirit, and it was as though someone turned the light on. Quite suddenly, I was reading and understand. So, at least for me, the Holy Spirit made the difference.

I hope these verses will turn the light on for you:

Open my mind, that I may read
More of Thy love in word and deed;
What shall I fear while yet Thou dost lead?
Only for light from Thee I plead.
Refrain 3:
Silently now I wait for Thee,
Ready my God, Thy will to see,
Open my mind, illumine me,
Spirit divine!

No comments: