Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, June 19, 2017

Monday Morning Devo - Don't Count Me Out


Do not rejoice over me, my enemy; When I fall, I will arise; When I sit in darkness, The Lord will be a light to me. Micah 7:8, NKJV.

Many of us have been there, right? Maybe not only in the race but out in front when suddenly the slippery slope trips us, and down we go, face first into the mud. Other racers dash past without so much as a pitying glance.

Who's our enemy? No, not those who ran past me without offering a hand up. Not the mud. Not the race.

Sometimes I think I'm my own worst enemy. I wallow in guilt long after God has forgiven me. I wish for things to be as they once were, knowing that's impossible. I want more than the bank account will afford. That's human nature, I guess.

But don't gloat, enemy. God still loves me and will lift me to my feet again. I might be wallowing this month, but God will lift me! God is my Provider, not my bank account. God is my forgiver, not you and certainly not me. And things will never be as they were--but with God they can be even better.

Lord, while I am yet in the mud I give you thanks for always being there and being the lifter of my head. You will always win. For Jesus's glory and pleasure and in His name, amen.

No comments: