Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, May 29, 2017

Monday Morning Devo - A Treasure Box


"...where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:21, NKJV.

I loved the Guidesposts devotional for May 27. A grandma told the story of how her grandson had shown her a box with his treasures. It held only a rock, but Grandma knew it soon would be filled. You see, her son had been deployed and had given the box to the 4-year-old. The boy was to save treasures he found in the box, and then when dad came home they could talk about them.

The grandma, inspired by that thought, offered God her "box of treasures" for the day--a beautiful sunrise, a book she was reading, something she worried about that she wanted to talk to God about.

What an inspirational thought--so I did that too. Gratitude for the 17 years I had with my wonderful husband; a prayer for a widow who was having a hard time; a concern I have for my grandson; the joy of sharing pictures in a letter to my sponsored boy in the Philippines. There are plenty more, but you get the idea.

What is in your box of treasures?

Dearest Father in Heaven--
Thank You for the treasures You have given me. I pray for those who haven't found their treasures--may they each one remember what they are. Your provision is always so generous! In Jesus's precious Name, Amen.

No comments: