Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, December 12, 2016

Monday Morning Devo--My First Christmas


Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17

No, I can't remember all the way back to my babyhood, but I clearly remember the Christmas when all the familiar old songs became new. I was so amazed! I'd only become a Christian a month or two beforehand, and suddenly, all those hymns I'd sung all my life came to life. They meant something to me. They weren't just the words I knew for years and gotten tired of long before the radio stopped playing them.

Maybe most especially Silent Night. How did a song go from being ho-hum to reverent? It was like I could see the whole thing: a quiet stable, a manger's rough wooden sides padded with hay, two awe-struck young people staring at a new baby, bashful shepherds asking if they could come in a see the baby. Wow.

This Christmas, would you let that awe and reverence happen? Don't just sing the songs or just listen to them. Hear them with your heart. It will become a holy-day for sure.

Father in Heaven, let the old songs make our hearts new this year. Let us experience that joy that came to the world in the frame of an infant. May we experience Your peace. We bow in awe of You and Your Son. Amen.

No comments: