Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, November 28, 2016

Monday Morning Devo - Holiday Fatigue


The Lord God has given Me
The tongue of the learned,
That I should know how to speak
A word in season to him who is weary. Isaiah 50:4a, NKJV

I have to tell you, shopping is maybe even more fatiguing to the shopkeepers than the shoppers. Shoppers can go home any time they want. Shopkeepers have to stay until the last customer goes home. After a couple of long days being a vendor at a craft fair, I have developed an abiding empathy for the people who do this all the time for a living. Shopkeeping until you drop!

Shopper or shopkeeper, both get tired and cranky. I'm lucky (?) I guess, because I don't have to fix a meal or clean house when I get home. I can just collapse in a chair. Um, well, after I take the dog for a walk and feed dog and cat. I'm not sure how I'd react if someone demanded a full meal. I'm not sure how sweet and accommodating I'd be.

Those if you who are the ones demanding, have mercy. Those of you who have dependents who are hungry, God bless you and give you strength and patience!

The Christmas season can be trying enough without the grinch taking control. Remember to be sweet--you never know who has just had their very last straw loaded on their back. A smile or a kind word can lift spirits. A helping hand can be a lifesaver.

Be a blessing, not a burden.

Father, teach us how, please? And thank You, in Jesus's name, amen!.

No comments: