Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, October 17, 2016

Monday Morning Devo - Up


When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have ordained, What is man that You are mindful of him, And the son of man that You visit him? For You have made him a little lower than the angels,And You have crowned him with glory and honor. Psalms 8:3-5, NKJV

There's just something about the wonders you can see in the sky that leave me in awe of our Creator, and I can say with the psalmist, "What am I that you even notice me?"

And yet He does. He visits me with beauty in the skies, peace in the lonely nights, and good friends and family to call and see. I am so very blessed.

When I have a need, He is there. I don't always get all that I want. If I could have all I want and not suffer for it, I could eat an entire carrot cake with thick cream cheese frosting. I could live on a cruise ship and be waited on hand and foot for the rest of my life. I might visit Israel, the Philippines, and go to Hawaii every month. My books would sell millions of copies every month. My husband would still be here at my side.

Life isn't always fair, but if you follow in God's path for you, it can always be good. Even the painful times serve to make me more aware of His presence, His caring. Oh, I could choose not to see it, to see how He holds me when I cry, but if I open my heart to Him the wonders unfold. I choose to look up, not down.

Father, thank You for the constant reminders of how much You love me. Thank You for the beautiful skies, the wonders of the fall colors and flowers, and the peace that passes understanding. Thank You for always being there when I need You. You're the best, and I love You. Amen.

No comments: