Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, October 31, 2016

Monday Morning Devo - Sanctuary


Then indeed, even the first covenant had ordinances of divine service and the earthly sanctuary. For a tabernacle was prepared: the first part, in which was the lampstand, the table, and the showbread, which is called the sanctuary.... Hebrews 9:1-2 NKJV

In the Bible, the sanctuary was the place where God dwelt. It's also come to mean a place of safety or refuge, and I'm reminded of when a little girl told me that the church (building) was a place where she felt safe. I feel safe there too, and for whatever reason I also sometimes feel closer to God--at least when there is more than just me there. Maybe both definitions still apply.

There's another verse in the Bible where Jesus says, "Where two or more are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them." Maybe that's it. When we gather in His sanctuary to worship Him, He's there with us. That's why we feel safer and somehow holier.

I'm curious--do you feel the same way?

Lord--Thank You for Your promise to be there with us all the time, whether we're alone or with other believers, but I especially thank You for being there with us in Your sanctuary, no matter where that may be. Amen.

No comments: