Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, June 6, 2016

Monday Morning Devo - This Is The Day


This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

When the day is new, we wake up and think we have plans for how the day will go, and most times that probably actually comes to pass.

But, you see, we don't always get to choose how a day will go.

It might go better or worse than we expected. There might be surprises that we count as blessings, and there could be disastrous events equally unexpected. Life happens.

There are times I have to remind myself that this day is God's creation. No, I'm so NOT saying God causes accidents or illnesses. He never intended to create puppets with no mind or ability to choose to do right or wrong. I can't bring myself to believe God invented cancer or deadly germs--that's not in line with His character. He's the Healer, not the evil one.

Still--God can bring good even out of  calamities. It's amazing to me. There are times we don't see the good for many decades, but if we keep looking for it we'll see it. Usually the good began to take place before we ever thought to look for it.

So maybe we should start looking immediately?

Trust Him. He can do it.

Lord--You are God above all things, in all things, around and over and under all things. I know You are able to take the devil's worst and create good. I love You, and I trust You. Amen

No comments: