Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, May 16, 2016

Monday Morning Devo - Good from Bad


And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

All things work together for good? How can I call my husband's death good?

How can a child's untimely death be good?

A severe injury or illness good?

The loss of a job?

How can these be "good?"

Why does God deal us these hands?

Here's where I bounce around theologically. I don't believe God causes tragedy--but He knows when a death, illness, injury, job loss, or whatever is going to happen. I also know that on rare occasions He steps in to heal or prevent a problem. Why rare? I can't begin to tell you.

I also believe that if we will let Him, He can bring good out of the saddest of occasions. The trick is to allow Him to guide. You have to follow Him in order for the good to happen.

That might mean asking Him what He wants you to do, how to pray for a need, where He wants you to go, when to proceed--that type of thing.

Yield. He's smarter. He knows the way from here to there.

Lord, I surrender yet again. Please continue to remind me when I forget, okay? I make mistakes so very often, but I do want to stay on Your path and let You lead. Amen

No comments: