Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Friday, April 1, 2016

Saturday Sermonette - New Normals


But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-14, NKJV

You know what I miss? Kind of silly--but I miss clicking glasses with Jack. We'd go out for dinner, and we'd always click our glasses together--whether celebrating anything or not. At home too, really.

The new normal is that I only have a memory sitting next to me at the table or booth. That might be when I rebel against the new normal the most.

There are new norms in everything, though, anytime there is a change in our lives. Get a new job, retire, get married, move--lots of things where we leave a way of doing and being behind for a new or at least different life.

But God and I together will adjust to the new norm. I don't have to like it, but God has my back, and He loves me than I can fathom. And you too.

Lord, thank You for being You, the One Who sustains me, Who lifts me up when I'm too weak to stand on my own, Who dries my tears, Who keeps me taking one more step forward. I love You, and I trust that You will make this new normal a good one. Amen.

No comments: