Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, April 4, 2016

Monday Morning Devo - Where's the Treasure?


Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 NKJV

I don't know about you, but I've noticed that the earthly things we treasure are usually not all they're cracked up to be. They're temporal. A potful of money is soon spent. Most of my jewelry is costume and easily replaced when it breaks or looks oldie-moldie. Even sunsets and rainbows only last a few short minutes. Marriages at best last only as long as the shortest life of the two. Unless, of course, you take into account that you probably will see that loved one "on the other side."

Which, of course, brings us to the treasury of things eternal. My relationship with God is worth more than the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. More than my wedding rings--which are really the only jewelry of value I own. More than sunsets, rainbows, waterfalls, the first flowers of spring, fawns and puppies. More even than that precious husband God gave me. More than life itself.

I don't know what I'd do without the Lord. Probably melt into a puddle of self-pity. Go my own way, do my own thing, and get into the same old junkyards of trouble that I had before I let God have me with all my warts and wrinkles. He knows my insides better than I do, and He hangs onto me even when I'm racing along in the wrong direction. I cringe now at the places I took Him to and the events I made Him also attend.

Because, you see, since I invited Him into my life at age 28, He hasn't left me. Not once, no matter what. He's there, ready to catch me when I fall yet again. For which I am eternally grateful.

Where's your treasure?

Hopefully, now I will not treasure the supposedly fun things or the blingiest blings, but will earnestly look for and treasure that pearl of greatest price. You?

Dear Lord, You're the reason I live and can face tomorrow. You're the reason I don't have to be afraid of what life brings. You are my All-in-All, forever. Thank You and Amen.

No comments: