Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, January 4, 2016

Monday Morning Devo - Beginnings?

Oh, what a worn-out subject. New Year's resolutions. Everybody makes 'em, everybody breaks 'em. Ho hum.

Why do we bother?

I don't think many people step into the resolution process with such a defeatist attitude. Do you decide to improve yourself with no intention of carrying through? No, I didn't think so.

They give you all kinds of hints on how to actually continue the weight loss, healthy eating, exercising, stopping smoking, etc. Find a partner. Write down your daily steps on how to reach the goal. Journal. So, what technique do you use?

Me? I need to get serious about my prayer life, and I need to get back into writing my book--more than 10 words a day. I like to tell myself I pray without ceasing--small instant prayers whenever I see a need or a praise. That's true--I do. But patiently listening for God to speak? Not so diligently, I fear. Sometimes God has to hit me over the head to get me to listen.

How will I carry out the resolution to continue it not just this year but always? I'm wide open for suggestions. Come on, advise me!

Take my life and let it be consecrated, Lord, to thee. May my ears listen harder, my heart listen softer. Amen.

No comments: