Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, December 5, 2015

Saturday Sermonette - Faith in . . . ?


Gideon said to Him, “O my lord, if the Lord is with us, why then has all this happened to us? And where are all His miracles which our fathers told us about, saying, ‘Did not the Lord bring us up from Egypt?’ But now the Lord has forsaken us...." Judges 6:13 NKJV

Much is said about Gideon asking for a sign before he would do what the Angel of God wanted him to do, but this verse sorta says it all. Gideon wouldn't believe God unless he was given a sign. Unless he could see a miracle.

Miracles are nice. So's that whoosh of faith that happens when you've seen one or when something really marvelous comes to pass. But what will you do if nothing is there to boost your faith? Will you still believe in God?

What if you don't get "that feeling" that God is near? Does that mean He is gone, dead, or unable to make Himself known to you?

Where is your faith? What do you believe in? Do you rely on feelings or signs to know that God is still God or that He still cares for you?

Believe me--He does.

Dearest Lord, I'm not asking that You take the joy and blessedness of Your presence from me just to test me, but I want You to know--I believe in You. I love You. I trust You. You alone are God. Amen.

No comments: