Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, September 5, 2015

Saturday Sermonette - All Lives Matter

Photo by All Lives Matter
For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. Psalm 139:13-14, NKJV

Hate isn't instinctive--it's taught. If you are teaching your children to hate another of God's created children, shame on you. How can you live with yourself?

I was truly blessed to be brought up in a home that didn't care what color of skin or shape of eyes or any other physical attribute made any difference. I've come to the conclusion that's a rare circumstance. Most parents don't hesitate to use racial slurs in front of their children.

Worse--murdering one of the children or adult of a different color or whatever because they are different from you.

Or destroying the unwanted, as in the case of abortion.

It all hurts my heart, but I wonder what God thinks about it. I wonder if it hurts His heart. I'm betting it does.

Father God, forgive us. Obviously, we don't have a clue what we're doing. Awaken us, precious Lord. Open our eyes to see people as You see them. Old, young, large, microscopic, brown, white, heavy, thin, able or disabled, Mensa, or Downs syndrome--all are Yours, Lord, not ours to decide whether they live or die. Thank You for loving even me. Amen.


No comments: