Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, August 31, 2015

Monday Morning Devo - Tests


Jesus said to her, “Did I not say to you that if you would believe you would see the glory of God?” John 11:40 NKJV

I believe there's a pretty fine line between temptations and tests. God will NEVER lead you into temptation. He doesn't have to--we find it all too easily on our own. I have flunked both tests and temptations more times than I can count, and I still do, so please don't ever think I'm pointing at any of you who read my posts. If I sound judgmental, I judge myself most harshly.

A temptation comes when something or someone you want presents the opportunity to do something you know is wrong. A test is a checkup to see if you learned to rely on God to get through or if you didn't.

We don't have to rely on ourselves to get through the trials we face. We have a Helper. He can guide our steps--if we let Him, anyway. He can give us strength--again, if we rely on Him.

My current trial? Leaving a sore alone so it can heal. When do I scratch at it? When I'm busy doing something that occupies my mind. I am not thinking, and my body acts without my permission. That might not sound all that horrible to you, but it's sure bugging me! I know, pretty mild compared to temptations and tests in bygone years. Still--I don't like this small part of me that refuses to yield to my Maker.

(Check with me again next week--I'll let you know if I'm learning my lessons....)

Lord, we all need the Helper, and thank You for sending Him into our lives to guide us through small tests and huge ones. Help us remember to grab His hand when temptations and tests come. Thank You, Lord.

No comments: